Annual subscriptions to the Journal of Liberal History are available to individuals and institutions in the UK and worldwide. You have a choice of:
- Print subscription (£30 / £20 unwaged) – four issues of the Journal per year, delivered to your door.
- Digital subscription (£25 / £15 unwaged) – download the latest and all previous issues of the Journal from our website.
- Print plus digital subscription (£50 / £30 unwaged) – both the above.
Subscribers outside the UK add £20 to the waged rates for print and digital plus print options.
‘Unwaged’ means those under state pension age who are either full-time students or in receipt of state benefits e.g. Universal Credit (or equivalent).
Journal subscribers qualify for a 20% discount on books and booklets published by the History Group – see page 3 of the most recent issue of the Journal for the discount code to apply when ordering from the Liberal History Shop.
How to subscribe
New subscribers (and existing subscribers renewing) can:
- Subscribe online; or
- Subscribe by standing order, which means you never need to remember to renew! Download and complete both a membership form and a standing order form (print or digital or print plus digital) and return them to the Membership Secretary; or
- Pay by cheque: download and complete this membership form and return it to the Membership Secretary with a cheque made out to ‘Liberal Democrat History Group’.
Our subscription year runs from 1 October to 30 September and includes four issues (published mid-January, mid-April and mid-July and mid-September).
Old issues of the Journal are available online, but the most recent ten issues are only available to digital subscribers. Digital subscribers will be sent a password (changed each year) for access to the protected area of this site.
You do not have to be a member of the Liberal Democrats to join the History Group.
Corporate and institutional subscriptions
Corporate and institutional subscriptions to the Journal of Liberal History are available both in the United Kingdom and worldwide, as the print plus digital option, for £60. Subscribers are invoiced in December for the subscription due for the following calendar year, payable by 1 January. To start an institutional subscription, please contact the Membership Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any queries about subscriptions should be addressed to the Membership Secretary at email@example.com.